Friday 13 February 2015

Personal Journals


  I am working on my sixth travel journal, where I record experiences as well as expenses.  As we heard about the Canadian dollar going down in value recently, we were able to check to see that we paid 1.38 exchange in the U.S. when I retired in 1996 and we began our travelling. In 1998, we paid 1.5575 and it stayed high for a number of years.   It's great to look back and be reminded of many details of travel, as well as the big important moments.  I have explored every state in the United States and every province in Canada, mostly with my husband.  I have also travelled with friends to England, Australia, and many places in the United States.  How fortunate!



  I have made separate books for my book travels with my friend Terri.  We have made seven trips.  We have been to Nelson, British Columbia and twice to Banff, Alberta.  In the U.S. we have attended book experiences in South Carolina, Martha's Vineyard, and Arizona. When we went to Bath, England, with Bookwomen, we added trips to London and Paris.  Wonderful memories!  Journals keep them alive!
  
Memories can be captured in photos, but they don't tell the whole story.  There are many details and experiences that need to be told in story.  I love to pull every bit of pleasure from travelling. Reading and re-reading journals keeps the fun, excitement and appreciation going for years!

1 comment:

  1. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR TRAVEL JOURNALS - OR ARE THEY FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT ALONE?

    ReplyDelete