Thursday 21 November 2019

Self-help books, part 1

   My naturopath discovered that I am a reader and she has been recommending books to me.  They are about the mind/body connection.
  Christiane Northrup, the author of "Goddesses Never Age" is a physician and the book is focussed on the unity of the mind, body, emotions and spirit.
Quotes: "It's about pointing out everything that can go right with your body and how to embody balance and health regardless of your state of health and well-being now."
"The number-one thing you can do for your health is to live joyously, indulging in sustainable pleasure".
   Christiane believes that our health is affected more by our beliefs than by our biology, and points out how to change our thoughts on aging.  This is precisely why I need to read this book.  I used to say, "Nothing good happens after 80" and, unfortunately, my body was listening.
  This book is dense with ideas and suggestions for every part of your body.  And there is a good index to find the parts that apply to your situation.
   The title is not helpful to me.  Goddesses may not age, but real women do.  It seems that acceptance and understanding are better than denial.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment