Monday 2 September 2019

"The Library of Lost and Found" by Phaedra Patrick

   This cover caught my attention on my last visit to the bookstore.  Isn't it delightful?  The title is in raised letters and the colours are lovely.
  Such an evocative photo on the cover.  The positioning of title and photo are fascinating.  I love it!  And had to buy it.
   When I got it home, I realized that I had already read one book by this author, Phaedra Patrick.  Our library book club had read "The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper".  Some of the group thought it was not realistic, but I loved the whimsical aspect of the story.  So many books have such serious, sad storylines, that the lightness, if not realistic, was entertaining.
  I also found the protagonist in this novel very entertaining.  And I always enjoy the theme of 'finding oneself'.  In this case, Martha Storm had given up her life to care for her parents and when they died, she had to rediscover who she was.  She realized that her father had always controlled her life and she really never had a chance in the first place to find her way in life.
   There are secrets revealed throughout the book.  It is a book of relationships lost and found and well as a library of lost and found.
  I enjoyed reading this book 'from cover to cover'.

No comments:

Post a Comment