Monday 26 August 2019

technology


   I began reading a paperback copy of "Mill on the Floss".   The print was small and I was struggling.  So it was wonderful when I was able to get the book on my new ipad.
  I have always loved the physicality of books and I never thought I would enjoy reading on an ipad.  But I was delighted with the ability to enlarge the print.  I was able to read longer and enjoy it more.
  Some people enjoy listening to books on tape, but I do not.  I need to SEE the words.  So this was great for me.  I could re-read sections that caught my attention.
  I admit to being biased against technology, when it's difficult to have conversations because of cellphones.  But I do love the convenience of e-mail and now I can enjoy reading on my ipad.  Just dipping my toes into technology, but I still enjoy face-to-face conversations and still LOVE book group discussions.

No comments:

Post a Comment