Monday 29 October 2018

Great American Read- results


  The results are in! And the winner is "To Kill a Mockingbird"
Here are the top five:


To Kill a Mockingbird
Outlander (series)
Harry Potter (series)
Pride and Prejudice
Lord of the Rings

   Interesting! A combination of modern and classic.
   I was interested in "The Book Thief" because I think it is 'great literature'.  But this contest was to find the 'best read', which may or may not be 'great literature'.
   "The Book Thief" was number 14, just after "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn"(no. 13), which I also enjoyed.  Preceded by "The Grapes of Wrath" (no.12) - wonderful!  Preceded by "Anne of Green Gables' (no.11) -hooray Canada!  Preceded by "Jane Eyre" (10), also a great read.
   Well, I could go on.  Lots of great books and we really enjoyed the final countdown.  Many great classics, but sadly missing Thomas Hardy, another of my favourite authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment