Wednesday 6 May 2015

One Book One Community

I love the concept of this program.
One book for the whole community to read and discuss.
For this reason, our library book club will be discussing this year's selection in September.  And I am scheduled to lead that discussion.
So...I decided to read the book now to get a preview.
Well, I am not thrilled with this choice.  It is a dystopian novel.  I tried very hard to ignore my dislike for this genre.  It is not the most dismal that I have read, but I still didn't find anything of interest in the novel.  I realize that dystopian novels are often cautionary tales, warning us of a possible outcome if we do not pay more attention to the serious issues in the world.
I have time to mull over the themes in the book and hopefully come up with an interesting discussion in September.
A great feature of O.B.O.C. is the opportunity to hear the author.
2015 Author Events

Tuesday, September 22 – Cambridge
Wednesday, September 23 – Baden (day)
Wednesday, September 23 – Kitchener (evening)
Thursday, September 24 – Waterloo
Click here for my blog entry on One Book One Community 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment