Friday 8 March 2013

"The History of Love" by Nicole Krauss


This is my first bumbling attempt at my new video book blog.
 I am experimenting with glasses on, glasses off.
  Not quite sure how this works. 
 The background certainly isn't good, so I'll try other options.

  In April, 2012, a new book club was started at Preston Public Library. John and I became involved immediately and we love reading the same book
 and discussing it at home before the book club meeting.

  We had discussed "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett and "Loving Frank" by Nancy Horan. 

 There was a good response to the book club with great discussions.  

"Cool Water" by Dianne Warren was the last book before the summer break.  Then we read the O.B.O.C. book in September- "Lakeland" by Allan Casey, followed by "The Glass Castle" by Jeanette Walls.

  "The History of Love" was very complex- moving back and forth in time, with many storylines.  At times, it seemed like a puzzle.  I wasn't sure I had all the pieces so I discussed it with John at home as well as over coffee with Dale to figure out the puzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment